From the sports desk of Ribbie’s Weblog, here are some more interesting facts about the Sweet 16 teams as they head into action tonight.
- Number of teams from states that do not border any other states with teams left in the tournament: 2 – Texas, Connecticut
- # of private universities: 4 – Stanford, Louisville, Dayton and Baylor
- Games between border states: 1 – Arizona v. San Diego State
- Games between private universities: 1 – Stanford v. Dayton
- Game of lowest seeds: Stanford (10) v. Dayton (11)
- 1 v. 4 games: 3 – VA (1) v. Michigan St. (4); FL (1) v. UCLA (4); AZ (1) v. San Diego St. (4)
- Number of states with teams in the the Sweet 16 that Kentucky borders: 3 – Tennessee, Ohio (Dayton), VA
I know, BORING, so let the games begin.